Gigs...

Monday 20 June 2011

Domestic Automata I (June 2011, London)

I recently took part in a project by SSE Space, London, to have writers create texts to match pieces from a photography exhibit by artist Yorgos Loizos.
Below is my contribution, it'll be on exhibition along with the photographs and texts by other writers for the rest of the summer, I can't make the opening, but I may try to go and have a look myself...


Domestic Automata I

When, in our Brutalest moments,
We built these towers
In the wake, and polyglot
Dispatch of empire

So proud

We never once thought
That in their sepulchral bodies,
Alive by dint of in-livers,
We'd trade life for shiny, votive offerings
Flooding the market of the beyond

And remain.

Us and our appliances,
These lonely, bird-like machines,
Carved and not built,
That left no sign or cicatrix,
No sigh nor parting kiss
On the mother ore that bore them.

We and They are a euphony
In the vacuum of escaping days.

1 comment:

  1. First congrats on the exhibition:)
    I've found your blog on Interpals and I must say you are really talented:) Your songs and poetry are really good, keep on good work!

    ReplyDelete