Gigs...

Saturday 30 April 2011

To Be Good (Spring 2011, London/Dorset)

Far from perfect recording, in terms of quality and error, but I really don't want to do it again right now...so, songsongsong...



We saw headlights and brake lights

Reflected in cat's eyes

Knew nothing real happens

Unless something else happens first

And I don't feel worse

Unripe avocado

unfounded bravado [I really don't know why I sung something else here...]

A libertine, sort of saturnine,

Who always woke up alone

& no I don't know

how we got here

I think that I'm happy

With less than before

For all of this yearning

I loved when you said

"I can't take vice magazine seriously enough to consider it

a legitimate cultural threat"

Gave my head to play fighting

The rest to absurdity

I don't feel like fucking

And train strangers cause me no ache

Is this what it takes?

And someone said it's always wrong

To tell the kids about the bomb

We set out wanting only love

And ask ourselves 'are we living yet?' [and now ask only is 'is this life yet?'?]

I think I dreamt that

You had a baby

You hadn't named it

Said there was no time

Paid no attention

Said that maybe

You don't miss the one you're thinking of

You just miss yourself when you're in love

No comments:

Post a Comment