Gigs...

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Raskolnikov (Bologna; Winter 2013)





I read a book about history
It made me afraid of who I'll be
I don’t want to come good if it can't come clean
nor be one of many casualties

this one's for all the charlatans
(I can call them out but I'm one of them)
I've hated, I'm hungry I'm feeling sore
I don't want to be angry anymore

I am no Napoleon

Sharpen your nails
There's a long fight coming
You'll fight it with strangers
But you'll want them to come inside
All you have need of is love and your health
And I've been alone
But I forced it upon myself
I'm starting to learn
The most astounding progress
Is to give up on winning and live on regardless
But I still forget it
Tell me I'm good, just tell me I'm good.

I don't think I'll ever make history
That's saved for better one's than me
What floods in your veins is a mystery
I would do well just to feel your heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment