Gigs...

Sunday 27 May 2012

Wuppertal (Summer 2012; London)

Pretty raw song I wrote in a quiet moment during my exam period (now over) have been drinking for a couple of days, looked over my notes having totally forgotten it, found it, recorded it. Didn't use the good mic, haven't worked any licks for it, just wanted it up. A lot of (properly) recorded new stuff to come. Rough.        Also, it's HOT, digging gym shorts and vests.




Wuppertal

Got myself hooked onto something again
it puts me to sleep next to some false friend
when I do dream I do cross the outskirts
but when I try, waking, my legs don't work

Took that old tram right out of this town
waited around til the sun went down
the city grows out and there're more trams to take
don't think I'm asleep but I'm never awake

We've been running like rabbits and we're breaking our necks
I feel that fear too but I keep it in check
I can't take all the credit for being so brave
s'why I'm not sure if it's always been this way

It rained all of April and it didn't stop yet
my glass is all dry and my shoes are all wet
can't seem to get clean, not for all of this rain
just give me a call when it's summer again...?
I'm sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment