Gigs...

Tuesday 13 December 2011

Non-Verbal I (Dec 2011; London)

Best through headphones...

Non verbal I by NCMiles

Non-Verbal I

I do not want to talk to you
I want to feel and feel straight through
Your cold hands on all saints' days
and hide away on turnpike lane
Far away from fields & southern coasters

I would take what I wanted if I knew what it was…

And when it's clear
It's not for sex
But to put our ears to the necks of strangers

On the day something changed and I started shedding skin
And I've been afraid to let the right one in
I think I stopped losing the day that we met
By the time it happened I had no skin left

Stole from the cold I didn't get old I never knew what I wanted

Turn away from turnpike lane
make a way to those old coasts for winter
Would you believe that your bed is an ocean,
That I would choose it over any other woman’s?

No comments:

Post a Comment