Gigs...

Wednesday 14 March 2012

5pm March, West Facing Window (March 2012; London)

Here's a song, one of the many that have been sitting unfinished for the last few months. I won't write many more like this, it's getting time to switch up.





Do you believe that we ever did grow
Or just changed our proportions in changing our homes?
It's quick to the heart and it's close to the bone
You're loved but you're sick and I'm well but alone
Even though I was the weaker one.

You say you've this fear of the end in your head
Though we pray for the dead, we still bury our dead
Do you crave sleep when you've fucked and you've fed?
Are you one of us then, are you one of us then?
Only one of many animals.

If you were a brother to me
You'd pull my hands from my eyes and would force me to see
If I'm to be a brother to you…?

But I know you
You'll go too far
Confusing high rise lights for stars, cats' eyes for cars
When you're in the dark you should know where you are

All I can tell you is all that I know
That is all you can hope is a room of your own
With some west facing window for home

If you were a brother to me
You would shout in my ears and would not let me sleep
If I'm to be a brother to you…?

If I'm to be a brother to you
which one of these things do you think that I'd do...?

No comments:

Post a Comment